Many modern day apparel companies are catching on that philanthropy and consumerism do not have to conflict. Like Margaritaville’s humanitarian efforts, there are other design and retail companies that also aim to aid those in need, like Philanthropy Fashion.
Launching the nonprofit Philanthropy Ministries, the company was able to initiate a spiritual means of giving back. With focus on aiding children in South Africa, with partnerships in Uganda and South Sudan, the company is more Christian missionaries than fashion house.
Philanthropy Fashion supports, donates and volunteers to dozens of nonprofits that reach out to needy children within the arena of adoption, education and literacy. The company raises awareness of social issues by doing good works through the Christian faith. Using contacts, resources and partnerships in the United States and around the world, the philanthropic efforts of the company is designing more than clothes, they are creating a framework for humanitarian endeavors.
According to their website, here are just some of the causes they aid include:
- LambsCroft (Nashville, TN): “To bring the poor, spiritually bankrupt and/or financially destitute into a safe environment, providing immediate shelter, while entering earnestly into learning skills necessary for the restoration of their entire being.”
- Hands and Feet in Haiti (Jacmel and Grand Goave, Haiti): “Hands and Feet Project exists to care for orphans and abandoned children of the world with the love of Christ.”
- Hard Bargain Association (Franklin, TN):”The mission of Hard Bargain Association is to impact lives and preserve the Hard Bargain neighborhood by rehabbing existing homes, building quality affordable housing and enriching the lives of our neighbors.”
- Friends of Franklin Parks Harlinsdale Farm Restoration Project (Franklin, TN): The Harlinsdale Farm Restoration Project hopes to bring the historical importance of the horse back to Franklin and preserve the park space and farm land for future generations.
- Walden’s Puddle (Joelton, TN): “Walden’s Puddle provides care and treatment to sick, injured and legitimately orphaned Native Tennessee Wildlife.”
- Hope Children’s Home (Jackson, MO): “Hope Children’s Home is a transitional Foster Care Home to help get children into a home faster and keep siblings together.”
- Old Town Cape (Cape Girardeau, MO): “Old Town Cape, Inc is a not for profit organization that works towards revitalizing downtown Cape Girardeau.”
- Athens PBJ (Athens, GA): “Bridging friendships and building communiy between homeless and non-homeless in Athens.”
- Chosen For Life (Athens, GA): “Chosen for Life is a Christian Ministry dedicated to educating and engaging our community on the many aspects of Adoption and Orphan Care.”
To learn more about them, visit their website HERE